Saturday, September 13, 2008
Thai Chicken Sauté
Try this great Thai chicken recipe....amazing taste !
* 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag rice
* 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
* 1 cup sliced onion
* 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
* 1/2 cup light coconut milk
* 2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 4 lime wedges
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Keep warm.
Toss chicken with cornstarch and fish sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add onion, garlic, and ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute. Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until done. Stir in coconut milk, Sriracha, sugar, and juice; cook 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons
cilantro. ANd the Thai chicken is ready to serve.... mix over rice with lime wedges....hmm...delicious !