Thai Chicken Recipe with Basil Stir Fry
A nice Thai chicken recipe to try !
* 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
* 1 quart water
* 3/4 cup coconut milk
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
* 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 medium onion, sliced
* 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
* 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
* 5 green onions, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Bring rice and water to a boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes.
3. In a skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, ginger, and garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Mix in chicken strips, and cook about 3 minutes, until browned. Stir in the coconut milk sauce. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced be about 1/3. Mix in mushrooms, green onions, and basil, and cook until heated through. The Thai chicken recipe is ready to serve over the cooked rice. Enjoy it !